Water going on and off inside the walls

Users who are viewing this thread

donnac36

Reaction score
I keep hearing water going on and off inside the walls. No one is flushing toilets or running the water. I have a septic system. What is causing this?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
What Terry said. One way to check this. as long as your not sing any drop in bowl cleaners that changes the color of your water. Just before you go to bed add food coloring to the tank of water in the water closet. DO NOT FLUSH. let it sit over night and in the morning give a look if you see the food coloring in the bowl that means the flapper is leaking and needs to be replaced.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Even easier is to close the stop valves on all your toilets and see if the noise goes away. If it does not, check your water meter to see if it is spinning.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks