Water goes down slowly in Tub/ shower

Users who are viewing this thread

nhoj

Reaction score
I have a tub/shower and the water goes down slowly and I have a drain plug that you push down to close and push down to open.This is my question: I thought that the drain was plunged so I turned it counter clock wise and it does not come out all the way, I thought that it would come out all the way. An I thought that there was hair in it. I changed the elbow and it was leaking with the old one, the water still goes down slow. If I only could get the plug out to make sure it is clean.

I just don't know what to do to get the water to flow down.
Can someone help me with this problem?
I do not like using drain opener.
Part of the drain pipe is that black pipe.

Is it worth buying a 25 foot snake? An finding out that that did not work or you only used it once?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Holding the stopper, the knob spins off and you can insert a screwdriver blade there to unthread the rest of the stopper. It may just be hair right below the stopper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks