Water from clean outs

Users who are viewing this thread

saxsellers

Reaction score
working on a drain pipe for a kitchen sink. The line runs about 30 feet total. It has two clean outs. When I opened up the first one, I had a steady stream of water coming out. This isn’t suppose to happen, right?! I have a partial clog somewhere in the line...does this tell me the clog is after the first clean out, causing it to back up?

Reach4

Reaction score
Right. Yes.

Last edited:

saxsellers

Reaction score
of course. WHere else could it be?
That's exactly what I was thinking, but 1) I'm not a plumber 2) sometimes my "common sense" leads me wrong :) 3) I try to confirm my thinking with professionals who have done this a million times. Thank you for your help.

saxsellers

Reaction score
Now that you know it, what are you going to do about if?
Probably call a plumber! :)
I assume I need to run a drain snake down the pipe to try to clean it out? Also...opened up the 2nd clean out yesterday and it also had quite a bit of water coming out (until I sealed it back up). So the clog is further down than what I suspected. Also thinking it could be a slope problem where the pipe goes through the concrete wall. Just bought this house and with all of the drips and leaks, quickly finding out this guy was about as good at plumbing as I am! :) Thanks again for help and any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks