Water Cops

Users who are viewing this thread

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I have a client who wishes me to spec out one of these units - similar to Water Cop Link

I have no real experience with these devices, what do you guys think about them?

Thanks

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Thanks. We're gonna turn down his request and if he still wants the system he can hire his plumbing contractor independent of us to install the system. Water down here can be pretty hard plus as a tenant he's got neighbors to worry about too. He's on the groundfloor, on the chance of a leak the damage could be minimal.....on the other hand, if the tenant directly above him has a serious leak then he's got real issues.

Thanks again for the input.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Hard water can make a ball valve hard to turn just like a stop valve if it hasn't been moved in a long time.

I don't know how much force that water cop has to turn the valve when it needs to but if it is comprised of plastic years which most likely it is.....it will strip before it shuts it.....or it will stop before it fully shuts the valve.

A manual override built into that valve for periodic maintenance would be the only way.....and I don't forsee anyone remembering that method to prevent the buildup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks