Water comes out of Delta Monitor tub spout when using showerhead?

Users who are viewing this thread

joe979xx

Reaction score
When we pulled the lever on top of the Delta Monitor tub spout to use the Delta shower head, too much water still comes out of the faucet.

How can I fix or what parts do I need?

Thanks in advance. This is a great forum, which has helped me help friends and myself many times.

--Joe

Last edited by a moderator:

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
When we pulled the lever on top of the Delta Monitor tub spout to use the Delta showerhead, too much water still comes out of the faucet.

How can I fix or what parts do I need?

Thanks in advance. This is a great forum, which has helped me help friends and myself many times.

--Joe
Do you turn the shower on at the spout or at the faucet?Sounds like you need a new divirter spout or stem.

joe979xx

Reaction score
My fault. It's the tub spout that leaks out too much water.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of the diverter tub spouts are not serviceable...replace the spout.

They come in essentially two attachment methods:
- screw on. This type you screw it until it's tight to the wall and pointed the right way.
- push fit (uses O-rings to seal). This type will have a set screw to keep it from moving accessible from the bottom.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Check to see what type of diverter spout you have, then buy a new one. Once you get it off, it's usually only a few minutes and you'll be done. If you try to change it out from one type to the other, you may need to do some plumbing. IF it's an exact match, it should be really easy. Most of them today are plastic, you can buy a plated brass one, but it may not be worth the extra cost. The finish is more durable on the metal ones (but they may cost 4x more), but as long as you're not using abrasive cleansers, it should last a very long time.

Some of the Delta spouts are really flexible on how you install them...

delta-tub-spout-install.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks