Water circulator system dry

Users who are viewing this thread

Kaiser

Reaction score
Thank you for letting me partake. I know nothing about anything and less about boilers. I have a small apt. with a Weil McClain boiler. it was making a crazy sound so I shut the power. when I turned it back on I realized it was the recirculation pump making the racket (TAKO 007-F5). I also noticed a drip from the expansion tank. I replaced the recirculation pump. BUT. I noticed no residual water coming out. I turned the system back on and after 1/2 hour the new bump was burning hot. I guess there was no water to cool it. PLEASE HELP.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me partake. I know nothing about anything and less about boilers. I have a small apt. with a Weil McClain boiler. it was making a crazy sound so I shut the power. when I turned it back on I realized it was the recirculation pump making the racket (TAKO 007-F5). I also noticed a drip from the expansion tank. I replaced the recirculation pump. BUT. I noticed no residual water coming out. I turned the system back on and after 1/2 hour the new bump was burning hot. I guess there was no water to cool it. PLEASE HELP.
Take a picture of all of the piping and boiler from far away. We can zoom in.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply; I figured it out. Now I have a different problem. I replaced the old Amtrol expansion tank with a new Amtrol expansion tank however the threads do not match. Both seem to be 1/2 inch. I am dying here. any help would be greatly appreciated..

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply; I figured it out. Now I have a different problem. I replaced the old Amtrol expansion tank with a new Amtrol expansion tank however the threads do not match. Both seem to be 1/2 inch. I am dying here. any help would be greatly appreciated..
There are more and more hydronic components going to hose threads with washers. Or maybe you bought a bsp tank? Hard to say without seeing anything.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks