Water cartridge on well system warped

Users who are viewing this thread

warrens

Reaction score
Hi. I have a simple rain fresh whole house water filter on my water system. Artesian well.

I have a low producing well with a (600 litre reservoir tank inside the house)but when I came home today the reservoir was dry but it was full before I left so it looks like a toilet or something has been leaking

However the filter cartridge was now stopping water entering the system and it is warped. So rather than being two parallel sides it is concave. I changed the filter and water enters properly

Any ideas what could have caused this- pressure buildup?

Thanks for any help

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you are saying that you have a cartidge filter between the well and the reservoir tank. What is the order of things in that path-- well, first shallow jet pump, filter, something thing else, reservoir tank? I presume that first pump controlled by a float switch.

It sounds as if the filter clogged. Usually the unfiltered water is on the outside of a cartridge. That would let the pump create a pressure that could crush a pleated element I would think.

http://rainfresh.ca/sediment_filters.php

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've seen that happen to a pleated paper element, we changed to a foam style element and never had another issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks