Water Ace pump dissassembly?

Users who are viewing this thread

tinytec

Reaction score
My Water Ace R201A submersible pump trips out after running about 45 seconds, resets then repeats the short cycle. It draws about 15 amps on each of the two lines so I assume the motor is overloaded? We are temporarily on city water until this gets fixed.

I've pulled it out of the well and separated the motor from the pump. I want to take the pump portion apart to see if something is wrong inside but cannot find how to do it. There are no screws showing. I've tried to unscrew the ends but they do not budge, at least not with the moderate torsion I applied with pipe wrenches.

Are these throwaway pumps or is there a way to get them apart?

I installed the pump less than two years ago only to have it act up after
only 1 1/2 years. The warranty is for one year so I guess I'm stuck with the thing.

Thanks for any help!
Fred in NYS

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Water Ace pumps should be taken apart with a sledge hammer. In other words, yes, they are throw away pumps.
Sammy

Last edited by a moderator:

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Pump is probably OK!

If you can turn the pump shaft by hand it's probably OK. Your motor is bad! Water Ace pumps are OK but not my preference. I recommend that you replace the the motor.

tinytec

Reaction score
You're right - the motor is bad. The shaft seal was leaking water to the inside. Lowes replaced the pump with a new one today. Now I just hope the new one lasts more than 1 1/2 years as did the old pump. :rolleyes:

Thanks again for your help.

Fred in New York State

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks