Watco 901 Drain Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Arnav

Reaction score
Hi,

I am installing a Watco 901 drain in a Kaldewei Cayono 5ft tub (link).

The tub comes with a thin rubber washer for the overflow drain (see pic).
The drain comes with a thick foam washer (see pic).

I am assuming both meant to fulfill the same purpose. It seems like the Kaldewei rubber washer will prevent the Watco foam washer from doing what it meant to do.

Do you think i should really use both and if not, which one?
Perhaps use the Watco one instead of the tub supplied one?

Thx for the help

Attachments

• Kaldewei supplied rubber washer.jpg
    Kaldewei supplied rubber washer.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 121
  • watco supplied foam washer.jpg
    watco supplied foam washer.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 133

Arnav

Reaction score
There is a note on the tub suggesting it is specifically for the overflow drain (see pic) and hence my confusion. Watco supplies a separate thin (non-foam) washer like you pointed out for the drain.
Maybe they intended it for drains that don't come with any sort of a washer? I'll try and call them tomorrow to clarify.

Attachments

• watco supplied foam washer 2.jpg
    watco supplied foam washer 2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 119

Arnav

Reaction score
So I was referring to the thin white rubber washer that came with the tub not the drain (which like you pointed out come with a thick foam washer for the overflow and a thinner one for the drain).
Anyhow, I spoke with Kaldewei and they said that their supplied washer is not really required so mystery solved.
They said its there to protect the tub during the overflow install process but doesn't really serve any other purposes so you can skip it.
I'll stick with what Watco provide...
Thx!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks