Washlets..

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Washlets and bidet seats
You knew it would happen. Someone would ask for experiences with these gadgets. I might get one just for shits and giggles. Why? Why not??

If that doesn't work out I am going to turn my master bathroom into an exact replica of a restroom in a Boeing 747. I like airplanes. Everything has to be perfect.
The lever faucet. (love that) and especially important will be this:
The toilet *must* flush the same way-with that super vacuum thing. (metal trap door etc)

The problem is this-I have to vent liquid and solid waste that is accelerating at probably 140 mph in a suction vacuum out of the house into the air to get that whooosh sound.

Im thinking the poo needs to go horizontal..and o u t of the house. Just like a wood stove. If it goes out horizontal it could possibly collide with kids at the school bus.
Do I point the outside "waste-o-flu" chimney straight up...or maybe a 45 degree angle?

If Im careful with my timing it shouldnt ever hit the dog or my neighbors boat. It's a very loud flush..

your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sulconst2

Reaction score
maybe you can get the wife to join the "mile high club". just don't end up like chevy chase in european vacation! :D

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Firstly, the Boeing 747 restroom was a joke. ahem..
Secondly, that is a very simple easy product that I am going to look into.
I think it's a teriffic idea.
Most people understandably having varying comfort levels of discussing this stuff, and I get that. But if you dont dialogue then how are ideas going to move forward?
Yea, Im going to go for one of these product to try it. Maybe in a few months after my bathroom is done.

The japanese women are *extreme* in terms of hygiene concepts.
Several years ago I read an article about "the latest craze" with them.
It was a daily oral tablet to take internally that allegedly removes fecal odor while using the restroom. true..

Great website. Thank you. The 50 dollar handheld makes a lot of sense.
Water temperature issue for me: I live in the So Cal.desert and our weather is fantastic during 9 months of the year.

My plumber will now know I have lost my mind entirely. Its a small town and I'll have to pay him double to keep his mouth shut. (kidding)

Sulconst2

Reaction score
you know, if you get that " super vacuum thing" you probably won't need to bother with a washlet. after your done with your business, get a good seal on the bowl, squeeze your legs together tight. and give it a flush. this should remove any left over waste that your having trouble with! oh and congrats on the new patio. gonna see if i can talk my wife into one!

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
yea. If the 747 "super vacuum thing" sucks out my guts the the wife/patio project will have all been in vain. A new concept in aero-dynamic Bidets right enough.

and another thing these washlets use small stream/sprays until the deed is done for what...30 seconds or so. Why the hell not just use one quarter of a second blast with the pressure of a fire hose. I should stop posting about these innovations-people will certainly steal my ideas...

Sulconst2, you'll have to excuse me but the police are crime scene taping off the wet cement patio in crime scene yellow. They can't prove anything. I didnt do it-I may be "away" for a while. You'll have to come in and get me coppers!

Last edited:

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I may have decided not to pursue a washlet. one reason: I've spoken to a number of high end "designer plumbing guys"
and queried them about customer satisfaction. No one had anything negative to say.....however-Not one person has said:
"wow, what a teriffic product-everyone should have one!"

In fact I'm hearing that one reason that bidets became popular in the first place was that it was used by people who did not necessarily shower daily.
I can certainly understand a need/want for personal hygene under those circumstances.
Don't know if that is true but it makes sense.

That being said right enough they would be a necessity for ill or morbidly obese people.

**Also, if you stop to analyze this....women have a long list of reasons
to use a washlet-whereas men have but One.

The *hand held sounded like a plenty crafty idea but for men it's not. Sit down and go through the motions required before investing the hundred bucks.
It's not unlike trying to hit a gopher with your garden hose blind folded.

Sulconst2

Reaction score
i installed a Washlet once in a 30g bathroom project. think it sold for about 800. plus it comes with a remote. if the wife isn't still "laying around" you could give her a little without being in the same room! :eek: almost like being there. she would owe you one. but of course men don't use a washlet. she would actually have to personally reciprocate. :cool:
in my opinion, if you want a high end item in a bathroom nothing beats a 15" lcd on a swivel. you can watch from any fixture in the bathroom. plus it comes with a remote! ;)

if the cops are still coming. RUN FOREST RUN!

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Sulconst2, the high end option Im looking at is the "Holy Water Shower". you get clean And cleansed of all earthly sins, protected from evil and so on...
The version for tap water is also blessed and obviously cheaper but well...it's just not the same reviewers are saying.
If it's good enough for the Pope it must work...

They are big in Rome now and should be here in the states next year. :D

Last edited:

SuperSewist

Reaction score
Goll-Eee, You guys!!
I won't need a toilet at all the way y'all carry on! But probably an extra washing machine instead :) and a MOP.

I've clicked on over to Terry's Bidet Seats page, and gosh that just seems like a nice thing. Warm wash, blow dry, and you're good to go. What really got me was "cycles front and rear streams". What a hoot. But on to the question - would this eliminate the need for toilet paper? I'd sure like that a LOT.

Joerg

Reaction score
Well, you need a toilet but maybe no plumbing. If one of you plumbing pros ever come to Cologne in Germany take the short trip to Solingen and visit "Schloss Burg", a medieval castle that is more like a stronghold. Nice setting, huge dining rooms, the works, they even had their own ********. The topper is the potty: Some kind of concrete or brick seat hanging over a wall of 50ft or so. The hole in the middle _is_ the plumbing.

The guard said that the residing clan owned another castle a few miles south and would move there to let this one "air out" a couple years or so when the stench became unbearable. I guess they also didn't have to worry about the enemies attacking from the potty side of the stronghold.

Regards, Joerg.

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Now..I finally know where this expression comes from:

"Built like a brick ****house"

Joerg, see how great the internet is...all this intellectual exchange between great minds from all over the world. wow! :D

SuperSewist

Reaction score
We need (IMO) to get this back on track - like *that will ever happen :D Please share your experience with washlet seats. Do you use it every time? Just sometimes? Does it eliminate the need for TP? Does it make a splashy mess around the toilet? How is it to clean? Do the controls work as expected? "enquiring minds want to know!" Tell all - - your secrets are safe here (HAhaHAha)

(now planning a major bath update since that tile fell off the wall of the bath enclosure, :cool: :eek: -may as well, y'know)
-~Carol~-

SuperSewist

Reaction score
We need (IMO) to get this back on track - like *that will ever happen :D Please share your experience with washlet seats. Mike50 is the only one who put forth an opinion, and that was someone else's opinion AND he was answering his own question. I'd still like to know more: Do any of the forum members actually have a bidet washlet seat installed? Do you use it every time? Just sometimes? Does it eliminate the need for TP? Does it make a splashy mess around the toilet? How is it to clean? Do the controls work as expected? Do you like it? "enquiring minds want to know!" Tell all - - your secrets are safe here (HAhaHAha)

(now planning a major bath update since that tile fell off the wall of the bath enclosure, :cool: :eek: -may as well, y'know)
-~Carol~-

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The bottom line for me is I'll get one when the next Mrs. Mike50 resides here.
Reason: I might use this contraption 7X per week. Whereas a woman might use it 30-35X per week.

This is one product that you will Not be taking for a "test ride". period.

Mike50

jdsoreacres

Reaction score
Jasmine Washlet

I found this older posting while researching our bathroom remodel. You probably have already decided to invest or not invest in a bidet. We are planning our bathroom remodel and expect to buy the Jasmine or the Blondell model. We had never considered it until were window shopping at ***** in Portland. A very assertive salesperson was making a bid for us and included a toto bidet seat. What $1000? But she suggested we go to another ***** in town and try it out in the public restroom. It was my husband who was sold on it. Being a quiet , over the hill couple we rather enjoy surprising our friends with bidet discussions. It is a little like kindergarten potty humor. Now to decide on our toilet so we can get the brand that fits best.

Bidet seats for sale

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
jdsoreacres said:
I found this older posting while researching our bathroom remodel. You probably have already decided to invest or not invest in a bidet. We are planning our bathroom remodel and expect to buy the Jasmine or the Blondell model. We had never considered it until were window shopping at A-Boy in Portland. A very assertive salesperson was making a bid for us and included a toto bidet seat. What $1000? But she suggested we go to another A-Boy in town and try it out in the public restroom. It was my husband who was sold on it. Being a quiet , over the hill couple we rather enjoy surprising our friends with bidet discussions. It is a little like kindergarten potty humor. Now to decide on our toilet so we can get the brand that fits best.

Bidet seats for sale

I firmly believe this is a great/effective product for *some* people.
But not for me....
That being said I'm sure that many women think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As I said before most people are too embarrassed to review it....so you're on your own.
Personally I wouldn't spend the dough without a test drive. You have apparently solved that issue. Congrats.

My feeling is that in order to accomplish the task they claim to...then it better have some very clever engineering and really robust pressure....
Skeptical about that...

I hope you consider buying yours from Terry.

PEW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Might as well weight in here.

Have had one for some time. Don't knock it if you have not tried one! Once you have used one, you don't want to use a pot without one.

If you don't mind reading a little extra, yes it can eliminate the paper. Otherwise it will greatly reduce paper use.

Interesting, visitors are slow to push the button. But, in most cases it does not take long before the questions start.

Paul

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks