Washing machine tub pressure line

Users who are viewing this thread

Aliris19

Reaction score
I cannot see anything wrong with the tub pressure hose on my Kenmore HE4T front-loader. However it seems to be misbehaving. any thoughts? Things I've done: replaced the water pressure device, reseated the hose by cutting the top which appeared a little flared. Resoldered the board connections (this has caused different problems, and a different error code, in the past). I can replace the hose and it's just $10 but I worry I'm throwing good money after bad... the hose looks fine! But after I fiddle it like pull it out and put it back on, recut the top, etc, the machine gets better for a bit, then fails. Can a hose be visibly fine (I blew through it, submerged it in water looking for leaks, etc), but still a problem? Am I missing something else? tia.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have no idea what your talking about. Are you talking about a hose that's internal to your washing machine? Water pressure device?

Reach4

Reaction score
sink-pop-up-stopper-assembly-diagram.jpg

Aliris19

Reaction score
? yes, there's a find mesh screen on the intake, but this is at the other end. My front loader, and I presumed this was general, has the intake stuff then the water goes into the tub and at the outside back of the drum is a water level pressure sensor. It has a small hose that snakes up to the electronic meter which then goes over to the motherboard. I don't have a diagram to show you. Here: the part I replaced is called a pressure switch W10163980. But the switch wasn't bad, I'm pretty sure it's just the hose. But what I'm saying is the hose looks fine and checks out best I can visually and with water looking for bubbles. So... I'm wondering whether the -- well I'm looking for input/wisdom. The intake screens are fine, water is flowing into the tub just fine, you can *hear* that the problem is the water isn't switching off when it should and you can see that. Then it throws a water-level error code. After I changed out the switch it worked fine for maybe 25 washes. Then bad again. That's when I tried reseating all the electricals carefully, slight improvement, then bad quickly. Then I resoldered (again, that was a former problem, different code, and totally fixes that other code's problem for years. The solder is poor quality and cracks probably because the agitation is so high speed). But that didn't work. Then I decided the hose even though I can't see anything, cut off the top of the hose to get a better seating; it had looked like it had worn bigger, maybe lost its elasticity? But that only fixed things for 5 washes or so ... however, that it makes this difference is why I think I'm in the right place. And sure, I can just change the hose but thought I'd ask in case someone knows this is no-way what's going on. Since, again, I don't *see* any problem with the hose....

thanks, hope that's slightly clearer? The question is, do these pressure hoses get bad even when there's nothing obviously wrong with them? Or would I see, say, a hole in order for that to be the problem?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks