Washing machine tee used for dishwasher

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by hudsonv845, Sep 3, 2020.

1. hudsonv845

hudsonv845 New Member

I went to my local plumbing supply place to see if they had a dishwasher tailpiece, with the inlet close to the slip nut. I have a deep double sink, so don't have much room. They sold me a Matco-Norca WTI77, which is a cast brass washing machine tee. It's a lot more compact than a tailpiece but I'm wondering if it is okay and legal to use. A regular dishwasher tailpiece has the inlet at a angle and has a baffle inside the tube, but this WTI77 has a straight 90 degree connection. They also sold me a 1/2" threaded barbed hose fitting, which seems way to small. Is it okay to use the washing machine tee for a dishwasher?

Attached Files:

2. Sylvan

Sylvan Still learning

plumbing - fire suppression - boiler inspector
    I use these all the time as I do not trust the tubular type of DW tee connections

I install a 1/2 C X M adapter into the threaded part with a short piece of L tubing and use hose clamps

BUT I place it on the TRAP less chance of the waste flowing back to the sink

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. hudsonv845

hudsonv845 New Member

Thanks. I'll use the same adapter setup too, since I don't like the looks of the plastic one.

Sylvan likes this.