Washing machine pumps out water oddly on certain cycles

Users who are viewing this thread

TravisJJ

Reaction score
Here's a photo of my washing machine cycles:

travisjj-01.jpg

For all cycles circled in pink, my washing machine is now pumping out water like this:

Also, I'm noticing my water supply on/off handle now looks like this:

travisjj-02.jpg

If you look closely, there's also a single drip of water below the screw:

I'm not sure if there's a connection between the two, but does anyone know what's going on here with both my washing machine and the water on/off switch? I'm quite handy, and would like to tackle this project myself.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That screw is what clamps a washer to make the seal of the valve to the bracket behind it...the screw is either a little loose, or the seal is shot. First thing I'd try is to tighten it. It may only move a few degrees, but that may be enough. A slow leak, though, may have left mineral deposits on the surfaces inside, and tightening may not let it seal...may require removal and cleaning. If that's the case, new seals would probably be a good idea.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks