Washing Machine Installation for Haier HLP23E Compact Washer

Users who are viewing this thread

woppermann

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just purchased a Haier HLP23E Compact Washer. I would like to permanently install it in a closet which currently does not have water or drain hookups. I believe I can get water to it without any problem, but have questions about draining. The only way I can install a drain pipe is by coming down from the attic. The pipe would have to come down approx 4-5 feet from the attic and then go straight across the attic approx 10-15ft. I don't know if the washer's pump will be able to pump the water up and out to the outside of the house.

Is there a way to solve this? Perhaps an additional pump, similar to a condensation pump for an AC unit?

Thanks in advance.

Will

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The washer will not be able to pump up that far.
If you intend to run the waste above the ceiling, you will need to add an addtional pump. A fairly robust one too, unlike a condensate pump which barely has to move any water.
While the Haier unit is fairly small, it still pumps out quite a bit of water. The hose is just long enough to drain into a nearby sink when the washer is moved next to it.
A 1.5 cubic foot model could have more than 11 gallons to pump out.
http://www.haier.com/us/products/laundry/washers/compact-washers/hlp23e.shtml

zoeller_laundry.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks