Users who are viewing this thread

Peoples

Reaction score
I just a got a washing machine. Of course I want to see it work in my unit and I keep coming across a problem.

Water is leaking from the hose at the connecting part to valve only on the cold water side. On the hotside it works fine. I replaced that hose on the cold side with a SS braided hose and it does the same thing. I take off the rubber hose that works on the hot water side and it leaks from the same spot when connected to the cold water side. At this point I think its the faucet. Any advice would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20191029-093013_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20191029-092838_Video Player.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The hose should have a rubber washer that seats against a fairly flat surface of the faucet. If the washer is missing the hose should feel loose, but if the washer is present the hose should fell solid under the nut. With a washer installed in the hose, and one that tests OK against the other faucet, check to see that there isnt debris from the old washer, that the brass surface is smooth and flat.

Reach4

Reaction score
I presume the leakage stops when you turn off the valve.

With the hose off, examine the tip of the output. If it is badly nicked, you probably need to get that faucet replaced. If it is not nicked badly to the touch, you could try a different washer. Even try two washers.
https://www.menards.com/main/search.html?sf_categoryHierarchy=&search=hose+washer

A little lube, such as liquid dishwashing degergent, on the threads may help you tighten the connection tighter. Don't get that where it might get on your hands, because that would reduce your grip.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks