Washing MAchine Flooded Heat/AC Floor Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimistikchick

Reaction score
My washing machine flooded the laundry room and water drained down the heat/AC floor vent. It was a significant amount of water. I noticed this evening when I returned from work that there was no air coming out of that vent. All the other vents seem to be working fine. What do I need to do to correct this problem? Thanks for any help offered!

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Rigid duct's not waterproof, but I think flex duct would hold water. You might have the equivalent to a P-trap somewhere...

Do you have access to the vent ducts, or are they all buried in walls & ceilings?

Optimistikchick

Reaction score
The laundry room is on the first floor and the house is on a crawl space so perhaps the duct work is there. Do I need to call an AC guy or will the water eventually evaporate? As you may have figured, my knowledge is limited with home repairs. Thanks for the reponse.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Two things come to mind...the duct is full of water, blocking the flow, or maybe the rush of water pushed the damper closed along the way. A wet vac stuck down there might suck some out if it is within reach if there is water, otherwise, you might have to find and readjust the damper if it is that.

KD

Reaction score
call professional cleaners like Coit. They can remove all the water and sterilize the duct so you do not grow toxic Mold in the duct and turn your house into a death chamber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks