Washing machine drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

Bundy

Reaction score
Howdie all,

I've recently moved my furnace from one side the house to the other. By doing so I needed to remove the double laundry tub in the basement.

But as you can see from the image 3" copper stack with a 1" vent and I beleive the drain starts as 1 1/2" with a reducer to a 2" drain.

Problem is... I can't move the wash machine cause the new furnace is just to the right of the drain and I require at least 24" from the front of the furnace door.

What would be the best way to drain the washer? I know I'd need at least 2" drain for a standpipe.

PC160020_640x480.JPG

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
It looks to me like that taped 45 ought to be fixed first, and that you have enough room between the stack and the wall to install a new trap right after that tee -- get rid of the slip-joint connection and have someone solder a female adapter -- and then run over a bit and up for the washer drain pipe. Or, maybe you could even get the trap in behind everything else. That would be my own DIYer approach.

Bundy

Reaction score
If I replace that wye with a wye facing in the opposite direction then a p-trap and stand pipe for the washer? Vent between trap and stack to the existing vent using some 90s?

There is a possibility of replacing that entire stack, it drains a toilet and a tub. Nothing else fed into into that stack.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks