Washing machine and vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
My father has a drywell that he pumps the washing machine into. This is separate from the septic system. Since it is the only thing on the drain line, other than a trap, does it need a vent line, too? Course, I'm not sure if this is quite legal, either, but has been in use for decades. I'm not sure how different it is from just dumping it into the septic system. Any enlightenment here?

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Washing machine waste is sewage. It should not go into a dry well. It is and has been poluting your ground water. Even when hooked up to grey water systems, washer waste goes through some filtration. Plus it's diluted with discharges from other, non-detergent bearing fixtures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks