Washine machine hose questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Ross Patzelt

Reaction score
Hello my first post here so hello! I am looking for some help with my kitchen. I would appreciate any help very much thanks.

I have an oddly shaped kitchen and there is not enough space to put a washing directly in front of my taps. I am hoping to put my washine machine about 3 or 4 meters away on the other side of the kitchen. I am looking into putting small holes in the back of the cupboards (there old and crap anyway!) and feeding the pipes to the back of the washine machine.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a 4 meters or longer cold hose and drain hose and shops or websites please?. I have looked everywhere but not had much luck. Would the machine still work ok using these pipes?

Many thanks if anyone can help.
Ross Patzelt

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
O.K. 4 meters is about 12 feet. I don't think they make supply lines that long but you can have the water lines run through the cabinets with copper or plastic to the point where you can install a shutoff / hook up for the machine.

Can you lay the discharge hose on the counter top and let it drain into the sink, then roll it up when your done??

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
My local Ace Hardware has rolls of drain hose. Just be sure you don't have low spots along the run, and either provide a loop or use an air gap.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The thing I'd be worried about with rubber hoses is age and potential bursting. Maybe not as catastrophic for the drain, but the supply hose could be a problem since it has a nearly unlimited supply, whereas the drain would only be for that load of clothes.

I think running new supply lines over to near the washer would be better with their own shutoff, and then attach the washer's hoses to that point. You could probably thread PEX through the cabinets; trying to do copper would be problematic, even soft copper pipe. The volume of the washer discharge might cause a lot of splashing run into a typical kitchen sink based on the (in the US anyways) volume and pressure of a typical washer pump. Not very familiar with European machines, though - they may drain slower and be more civilized when draining into a sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks