Washer rinse water draining through tub spout

Users who are viewing this thread

Wyoming Gal

Reaction score
My front load washer has started to drain water through my tub spout, this just started today. It seems to still drain water through the drain hose also. Any ideas as to what might be causing this??

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have a partly clogged drain somewhere after the tub drain connects. Don't mess with chemicals or DIY hand snakes. You need a real plumber that can clear the clog all the way to the main line.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Tub spout or tub drain? There shouldn't be any way the actual water from the washing machine drain hose comes out the tub spout. And by "tub", I assume you don't mean bathtub, but mean washing tub.

If it's coming up the washing tub drain, Gary is right, you have a clog somewhere. Sometimes the washing tub is on the same drain as the washing machine standpipe. so going into the standpipe with a snake is probably what the plumber will recommend. And I recommend calling a licensed plumber to bust the clog, not a "rooter guy".

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is the WM new? Front loaders tend to pump water faster than top loaders because they usually spin faster. If it's an older install, it might be made with 1.5" pipe. There's a reason why code was changed to make it a 2" pipe...pumping from a WM can overwhelm a 1.5" pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks