Washer machine question

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Code is not an issue here. Guy wants two washer machines on a 2 inch line dumping into a floor drain. I know this is stupid but it's what he wants. It's more of a temp thing a year or two. Floor drain has a ptrap and appears to be 3 inch. Again I know this is stupid so just comments that will answer my questions. Will having ptraps on the standpipe help at all with slowing the discharge of water or soap suds. Or just stuffing the washer tube right in the floor drain be better.

Bgard

Reaction score
most washing machines require the drain to be as high as the max water level in the machine ,other wise they will siphon the waste out

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Adapt a 55 gal plastic drum into a surge tank with a small diameter outlet pipe. It'll catch everything, but let it out slowly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks