Washer laundry sink upstairs master lav question remodel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Dukadan

Reaction score
Hi I was remodeling a house single wall construction. Chopped out all galvanized and cast iron waste and water replaced with copper and ABS in a 4 bath house.. I got stuck on the laundry sink washer box and catching the upstairs master bath lav using the existing 2 inch galvanized pipe in slab. I also used all the existing holes. I tried to wet vent the laundry sink downstairs with the master lav upstairs using a 2 inch ABS pipe. But after I did that I realized the 2 inch pipe would be sticking out of the wall downstairs after they furred out the wall upstairs. The owners wanted to put a countertop above the washer and dryer and laundry sink in a cabinet. The bottom of the washer box is at 44 inches above floor and the standpipe is 19 inches to the p trap. The top of new countertop above W/D will be 42 inches. they will notch the counter top for the washer hoses and drain. It gives 2 inches for the washer box trim plate. After I did all that I changed the wet vent since I knew that was wrong. It came out really goofy looking. Just wondering what would have happened if I did not change the wet vent pipe? I should have used a LT 1 1/2 90 to jog over on lav and washer box is too high can anyone find problems with this? I still have to secure the water lines better. There is a 2 inch cast iron cleanout in the floor but the c/o cap is corroded in probably a bear to remove. Thanks.

Attachments

• first try.jpeg
    first try.jpeg
    63.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 2nd try.jpg
    2nd try.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks