Washer hose drains upward into house vent in attic

Users who are viewing this thread

artistsnature

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I purchased a ranch built on a slab. The washer, which is on an inside wall in the kitchen, has a hose running up to the attic and into the house vent stack (which doesn't go through the roof, which I plan to extend). There is no vent at the washer, and at the end of each wash any water in the hose falls back into the washer, creating a gross smell. See pictures.

I don't even know where to begin to fix this. First thought was to move the laundry and tie into a bathroom. All DWV is cast iron under the slab. The walls of the whole house are cinder block, including internal walls. And there are no vents in the bathroom I want to tie into (although there is a hole in the cinder block behind the lav?). See diagram.

Is it possible to tie the washer into one of the bathroom DVW? I've already begun breaking up the concrete slab in the bathroom, but I wanted to check with the experts before I go any further.

Thanks

Attachments

• Washer hose to attic.jpg
    Washer hose to attic.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Washer hose into vent stack.jpg
    Washer hose into vent stack.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 278
  • Vent into attic.jpg
    Vent into attic.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 277
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 266
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks