Washer drain vent

Users who are viewing this thread

JRuffryders0930

Reaction score
Hi I am moving our washer and dryer to another room in our house. We are taking our big tub out of the master bath and putting the washer and dryer in there and making our laundry room into a hair salon for my wife. Now the drain that was there for the tub is in the middle of the room so we were thinking of putting a 90 degree on the drain from where the tub was. Run the new pipe to the wall and put a 90 again and put a stand pipe up to a washer box. The p trap is under the floor from where the tub was. Then a few feet over the vent pipe is also coming through the floor. Now the vent is only 8 inches above the floor is that ok for a washer or does the vent have to be higher up? How high does the vent have to be? We are building a platform above these pipes. So the washer and dryer will be 10" up on this platform.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There are several problems with your plan, starting with that a washing machine must be piped indirectly to a 2" standpipe and drain, whereas a common tub drain is plumbed in 1-1/2". In addition, the trap for a washer is not permitted to be below the floor.

I am guessing that there are other bath fixtures in this system, so from what you have said, I am under the impression that you will need a new drain line and depending on how the old bath was configured, maybe a new vent too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks