Washer and laundry tub drain design

Users who are viewing this thread

Ericksimo

Reaction score
Plumbing in a drain for a washer and laundry tub. Standpipe will terminate at 36", vents will connect at 42" or higher. Does this look like a good design?

1659296975890.png

Last edited:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The vent takeoff on the standpipe trap is backwards, and WA (UPC) requires a combo, not a san-tee on its back.

Is the 90 below the san-tee on the right a long turn? (Not familiar enough with the fittings to tell from a picture). It needs to be.

Otherwise the portion shown looks good.

Cheers, Wayne

Ericksimo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I swapped out the San tee on it's back for a combo (and turned it around).

The trap arm is 16" above the floor, so I just cleaned the 18" max.

I guess it's another trip to the supply house to see if I can find a long turn street elbow. Using a hub x hub puts me a bit high for the washer tub drain.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess it's another trip to the supply house to see if I can find a long turn street elbow. Using a hub x hub puts me a bit high for the washer tub drain.
Did you mean for the laundry sink drain on the right? You can also use a street 45, san-tee with barrel on a 45, and another street 45, if you prefer. But a san-tee and a street LT90 (or street san-tee and a LT90) would be more typical.

Cheers, Wayne

Ericksimo

Reaction score
Did you mean for the laundry sink drain on the right? You can also use a street 45, san-tee with barrel on a 45, and another street 45, if you prefer. But a san-tee and a street LT90 (or street san-tee and a LT90) would be more typical.

Cheers, Wayne
1659300093853.png

Something like this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks