Warm fuzzy

Users who are viewing this thread

Gpace1

Retired
Reaction score
Gentlemen, just finished replacing my pressure gauge. It was zero'd on 40 psi. Now I THINK it is back to normal. Was a little concerned about my operating pressures though. 50/80 psi. Had a new diaphram tank installed last July for a rust leak. He installed a 85 gallon Challenger and set tank:cool: to 75 psi. Switch is a 40/60 Square "D". Pump is a Dempster M300 15 GPM 3 HP. I am in the Trinity in Austin. Well hole is at 850, pump at 640 and static water at 523 when drilled 4 years ago. I think 80 is too high and 30 spread too much. I "seem" to remember wellman saying he set it to 50/70. Any thoughts here??

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Don't know about whether that's too high, but your air charge should be about 2 pounds less than the turn-on point of the pump control switch. A 20-pound spread is normal, and the tank should be happy as long as the precharge is right.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks