Wanting to move toilet back against wall

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris McA

Reaction score
We have an old small bathroom and the toilet slouches forward on a 14" rough. I thought if we put a toilet with a 12" rough it would take it back towards the wall but read that will put it forward 2". Is there anything I can do to move the toilet back and leave more space in front of the toilet?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most 12" rough toilets set out from the wall between 1/2" and 1"
With a 14" rough, add two more inches behind the tank.
Most 14" toilets use a 12" bowl and a thick tank, which leaves the bowl sticking into the room, but closes the gap behind the tank somewhat.
TOTO does make some of their bowls that allow a 2" offset closer to the wall, but only in their elongated bowls. It does shift the sitting position back those two inches.
https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm

unifit_choice.jpg

They manage this by using different size floor adapters. The center one is for a 12" rough.
Left is 10" and right is 14"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks