Wanted to find: Tub faucet diverter with garden hose attachment. This is the current faucet I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

rjp_diy

Reaction score
I attached photos of the type of faucet I have now. I'm looking for a replacement faucet that I can hook up the aquarium siphon/pump (pic shown) so the kids can clean their turtle tanks out in the adjacent rooms. Right now, we're unscrewing the faucet from the adapter each time and the adapter solution we're using leaves something to be desired. FYI - I do already have a valve on the shower head to shut the water off up top but running a hose up there won't work because the siphon doesn't have enough vacuum pressure to pull the water up there.

Is there a new faucet I can install that will allow me to hook this siphon up (it has a female garden hose fitting) directly to the tub faucet or some other diverter option?

aquarium pump.png

faucet.jpg
delta adapter.jpg

diagram.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Most people hook those to the lavatory spout after unscrewing the aerator. Many come with common adapters. Those are also used for filling and emptying waterbeds.

Your idea of adapting to the Delta adapter sounds interesting, but I expect they would not sell a lot of those adapters.

If you have the garden hose thread adapter for the shower arm, you could use a short garden hose to connect to that venturi pump to bring the altitude down.

Last edited:

rjp_diy

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion to put a short hose up top. Did not think to do that. May actually help with the pressure and venturi a bit more actually. The problem with our sink is that the pressure is too low to create the vacuum it needs.

If the short hose doesn't do the trick, do you know of a replacement tub faucet that would fit my setup?

Reach4

Reaction score
If the short hose doesn't do the trick, do you know of a replacement tub faucet that would fit my setup?
Are you asking what other Delta spouts use the same RP12307 adapter?

rjp_diy

Reaction score
Yes, but is there one that has a smaller faucet off to the side that will allow me to hook up a garden hose that way (instead of running the short hose on the shower).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks