Want to replace shallow well Gould jet pump with offset AW42 adaptor

Users who are viewing this thread

JR_Well

Reaction score
I was going to simply replace all components, but have read about the packer adapter. I am fairly sure this is just a shallow well with a single pipe. As you can see the pump uses an adapter to connect to the offset 2 inch pipe. The well casing is outside the house and is 4 a inch pipe. Am I correct in assuming this is just an adapter, single line with foot and check valve? I can tear into this and not worry about a feed pipe and leathers?
20181119_131101.jpg
20181119_131038.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
That would probably mean that the 4 inch casing in the yard is for a different well. I am not a pro.

JR_Well

Reaction score
No that is a casing adapter. So you have a two pipe jet pump.
Is this possible with an off set well? So there would be a down pipe threaded into the adapter. I would have to lift the adapter and get a pipe wrench on the down pipe to remove the adapter (and not the down pipe). It is leaking from the bottem of the adapter. Tighting the bolts stopped it momentarily. Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
Is this possible with an off set well?

Possible is a strong word. It is possible you will win the Powerball lottery.

Now if somebody posts that they have seen that before, I will be shocked.

If somebody needed this to work for some reason, I expect it could be done as a challenging project.

Now if you really have a working 4 inch well in the yard, you could consider putting a submersible pump down there if your current system fails.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
There could be two pipes going down the well, but I don't know how they would adapt back to two pipe after the casing adapter. Most likely the outside pipe from the casing adapter is connected to the 4" well casing, and the inner pipe goes down to a packer.

JR_Well

Reaction score
Well, looks like I need to get back to this pump. It is leaking quite a bit from the compression fitting of the packet adapter. I would like to replace pump and adapter. Is there a link, instrutions, or decent instructional video which would help the layman? From previous posts, it doesn't sound like I can just unbolt the adapter and simply pull it off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks