Wall toilet install

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe Waldram

Reaction score
I am trying to determine if it is possible to install wall hung toilet. The space is tight as the horizontal run is ~20ft. Is it possible to use a 1/4 bend with side inlet for vent and or wet vent? Thanks for any input

Attachments

• side-inlet-90.jpeg
    side-inlet-90.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 101

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am trying to determine if it is possible to install wall hung toilet. The space is tight as the horizontal run is ~20ft. Is it possible to use a 1/4 bend with side inlet for vent and or wet vent? Thanks for any input
That can only be used on its side
Being on a toilet might be questionable.

Joe Waldram

Reaction score
I think I found my answer.

Alternately, I think I have room for a wet vent as the 2" Y comes off below 45 degrees giving added space for the 1/4"/foot required.

low-heel-inlet-page.jpeg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
That diagram does not comply with your plumbing code (UPC). Only the bottom left is correct.

Cheers, Wayne

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The low heel inlet quarter bend is basically a san-tee and can be used however a san-tee can be used. I don't think the other fittings can used under the UPC except when all connections are vents at least 6" above the flood rim level of the fixtures involved.

Perhaps a photo or diagram of what you are dealing with and why you'd like to use a fitting with that geometry would be a way for us to advise you on the alternatives.

Cheers, Wayne

Joe Waldram

Reaction score
Sorry for delayed response I really appreciate the feedback. I have attached a drawing of what I'm thinking .
I think a 3"x3"x2" Y used as a wet vent will fit in the joist space.
To conserve height can I use a regular 90 for the toilet drain going from vertical to horizontal?

Attachments

• Toilet install1.pdf
    176.7 KB · Views: 92

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
While I couldn't give you a code reference as to why it's allowed, I understand it's common to use a quarter bend as a closet bend, rather than a LT90. I checked the curvature on a 3x4 reducing closet bend via the catalog drawings, and it matches the curvature of a quarter bend, not a LT90.

Cheers, Wayne

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can certainly wet vent a WC with a 2" lav drain and vent under the UPC. The wye has to be within 6' of the closet flange in the wall, as measured along the path of the WC drain.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks