Wall tent w/ bathroom - loop vent / foot vent / AAV

Users who are viewing this thread

dcmurray

Reaction score
TENT 181112 wall tent section.jpg
Option-1-foot-vent-with-wall-termination.jpg
Hi.

I am designing a wall tent with a bathroom that I will be building in British Columbia Canada. I am generally trying to anticipate what plumbing requirements will be as I design framing /structure and before I have a plumber on board. Focusing on function first before I get to code issues as this is a very rural area.

I can't penetrate the wall tent above the bathroom so am trying to figure out how to properly vent a toilet, sink, and shower. I have read the following thread but still need some advice: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/venting-yurt-waste-lines.76460/#post-560783

Would a loop vent / foot vent combination work in this case (Option 01 image below)?

Any thoughts? Am I close? Thanks!

Last edited:

dcmurray

Reaction score
Does this look reasonably functional? Trying to see if I can get that vent down into the floor then up the exterior wall (rather than directly up through the tent roof). Feel free to tell me I have no idea what I am doing and should just get a plumber on board sooner rather than later!

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I am not sure what a "wall tent" is.

In the U.S., there must be a vent stack or multiple vent stacks that add up to equal or greater than the size of the building drain.

dcmurray

Reaction score
Thanks. Ok that can be done. Just trying to understand whether going out sideways through the floor using a foot vent (then up the exterior wall) is a realistic / functional option... A wall tent is type of canvas tent. I will be building something similar to this image; wood framed with canvas wall and roof. Can't vent up through the canvas roof.

Screen-Shot-2018-11-23-at-5.48.45-AM.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
You can make a functional system that would not be approved under our plumbing codes. Your municipal code requirements are a bit different, so it would be best to seek a local plumber or inspector who knows what you might be able to get away with.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks