Wall mounted toilet w/in-wall tank question

Users who are viewing this thread

lati_cz

Reaction score
My clients went to plumbing showroom to purchase wall mounted toilets, we're building new home for them, they will have 5 bathrooms, all walls to install toilets are 2 x 4". Sales person told them to resize walls to 2 x 6" as units for 2 x 4" walls are having issues/problems. My clients like TOTO and Gerberit.
We can resize, but is the sales person right? Are 2 x 4's units less reliable?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A wall-hung toilet with a full-sized person sitting on it has a lot of leverage, so deeper members can help. My guess is that it also gives you a little more freedom to route the drain and vent lines in the wall.

go buckeyes

Reaction score
they have geberit carriers for both 2 by 4 and 2 by 6 walls. both are excellent. a duravit wall mounted toilet bowl is rated to 880lbs. when installed correctly, there will be zero deflection. there is a bit more flexibility with the drain connection using the 2x6 carrier and some bidet seats if used with wall mounted toilets are only compatible using the 2x6 carriers.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
TOTO and Geberit make tanks/carriers. ("Geberit" -- no "r") [The Gerber regular toilets we are familiar with are different from Geberit, a European company.]

Duravit and Toto make bowls.

The Duravit bowls and Toto bowls will work with either the Geberit or Toto carriers/tanks. They are interchangeable.

We had the Toto bowls in one location, on Toto carriers, and Duravit bowls on Geberit carriers in another. We removed one Duravit bowl and replaced it with a Toto Aquia when a Duravit broke, then later swapped the rest of the Duravits for Aquias, because we liked the Toto Aquia bowl a lot better in use. So we have Toto bowls on Toto carriers, and Toto bowls on Geberit carriers. That latter combination is quite common.

Tell your clients to save big $$, buy the stuff through a regular plumbing supply place, with street prices, available on the Internet, in mind. If they buy through the showroom they will pay substantially more.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks