Wall Mounted Toilet - Opening a Can of Worms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I might know someone that might take that lead Terry. Let me check with a buddy over there. Know if its installing from rough in or just setting a toilet / bidet on existing? Does bidet have a water supply?

She's ordering the in-wall rough, bowl and Washlet. They will need the shutoff at the wall.

Chachacha

Reaction score
Hey @TipsMcStagger thank you so much for this post. I’m getting the exact set (wt173m and ep). Do you have any problem with skid marks by any chance? I saw some reviews reporting the problem. Thanks for your insight!

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
Hey @TipsMcStagger thank you so much for this post. I’m getting the exact set (wt173m and ep). Do you have any problem with skid marks by any chance? I saw some reviews reporting the problem. Thanks for your insight!
The water level does sit pretty low in the bowl. I've found that if you give yourself a courtesy flush soon after, ummm...making your deposit, it lessens the problem of skid marks. The bidet seat does have a setting to pre-moisten the bowl when motion is detected (walking past the toilet) which probably also helps, but I've had the motion sensor turned off for quite a while.

Other than that, I have no regrets. The heated seat is amazing, as is the bidet feature. Overall, I'm happy and the next time I renovate a bathroom, I plan to install wall mounted toilets again.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Imagine every homeowner required previous experience with every new product. No trust that a person with education and experience in the field could competently follow directions and install new products.

No one would ever get anything installed and no one would learn how to do it.

In this world every plumber would have to buy everything every time it was invented and install it in their own home or a facade shop. Can you imagine how much things would cost?

TipsMcStagger

Reaction score
Imagine every homeowner required previous experience with every new product. No trust that a person with education and experience in the field could competently follow directions and install new products.

No one would ever get anything installed and no one would learn how to do it.

In this world every plumber would have to buy everything every time it was invented and install it in their own home or a facade shop. Can you imagine how much things would cost?
I understand your theoretical position. But I paid an obscene amount of money to have this unit installed because I was paying by the hour and although the crew was professional and had a good attitude, they were scratching their heads trying to figure things out for as much time as they were actually making any progress.

Now they have the experience the next guy will pay half as much.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I understand your theoretical position. But I paid an obscene amount of money to have this unit installed because I was paying by the hour and although the crew was professional and had a good attitude, they were scratching their heads trying to figure things out for as much time as they were actually making any progress.

Now they have the experience the next guy will pay half as much.
That was your choice. You can either take the risk of a bid job that may not get as much attention (which the risk is then transferred to the contractor) or pay for extra attention. Most people choose bid. Then ANY work not done properly is fixed before final payment.

corsair

Reaction score
Thanks to OP for responding to DMs as well, we went with this, too. Toto AP, Toto carrier (WT173M), Bidet C5 T40. Power cord to bidet is visible but the water supply is fully hidden, which is awesome. If we had the power outlet to the left it would have been more hidden but alas.

Flushing power is not an issue.

Residue is fine enough. It's not as pressure-washy as our pressure-assist toilet of course. And flushes immediately after use help a great deal. But it's an awesome space saver and a looker.

And bidets are just awesome. First time using one ever.

I way over-researched whether the toilet would be fine. Easy to find complaints about stuff. But the Toto AP is a toilet, and it toilets well. Would I be less likely to use it in a guest bathroom due to possibly increase likelihood of guest embarrassment? I dunno. Maybe? But it probably wouldn't bother me. Glad we have it for our master.

We had a weird thing on the installation. The water supply comes in at a hard 90 degrees to the left of the frame. That's right where the stud wall is. The contractors literally had to fully chisel out the nearest stud to get the supply out and back down.

That's all.

Onokai

Reaction score
Thanks to OP for responding to DMs as well, we went with this, too. Toto AP, Toto carrier (WT173M), Bidet C5 T40. Power cord to bidet is visible but the water supply is fully hidden, which is awesome. If we had the power outlet to the left it would have been more hidden but alas.

Flushing power is not an issue.

Residue is fine enough. It's not as pressure-washy as our pressure-assist toilet of course. And flushes immediately after use help a great deal. But it's an awesome space saver and a looker.

And bidets are just awesome. First time using one ever.

I way over-researched whether the toilet would be fine. Easy to find complaints about stuff. But the Toto AP is a toilet, and it toilets well. Would I be less likely to use it in a guest bathroom due to possibly increase likelihood of guest embarrassment? I dunno. Maybe? But it probably wouldn't bother me. Glad we have it for our master.

We had a weird thing on the installation. The water supply comes in at a hard 90 degrees to the left of the frame. That's right where the stud wall is. The contractors literally had to fully chisel out the nearest stud to get the supply out and back down.

That's all.
Totos always put the power cord on left (power outlet is the easy part) Why the heck did they screw that up?? Maybe they did not read the instructions slowly as Terry suggested at the beginning ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks