Wall mounted toilet, bathroom sink and laundry drains rough-in in slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Mosho

Reaction score
Hello! I'm trying to move my toilet rough-in inside a to-be 2x6 wall for a wall mounted toilet. I'm using the opportunity to also move a 2'' pipe that prevents me from finishing part of a future bathroom. Looking at the in wall carrier I have (Geberit 111.335.00.5) I came up with the idea to have the two 2'' pipes for the bathroom and laundry room come out of the concrete near the 3'' pipe for the toilet, and since the frame is only 1.5'' deep, make holes in the 2x6 studs for the 2'' pipes to go where they need to go.

I hope this sketch makes sense... the base plate and two 2x6 studs that the carrier will be secured to are green, and the finished drains are in purple.

Does it look okay? The alternative would be to dig two more channels so that the pipes come out after the studs, but digging this up has been very hard and I'd only want to do that if I have to...

(Also, the 3'' is vented slightly out of the frame and the two 2'' pipes would also be dry vented through the wall).

Thanks!

pipes (1).png

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I don't recommend putting any drain piping within the wall cavity of the carrier.
Note, horizontal drain runs of 5' and greater are required to have a clean-out.

Mosho

Reaction score
I don't recommend putting any drain piping within the wall cavity of the carrier.
Note, horizontal drain runs of 5' and greater are required to have a clean-out.
Thanks! there is a clean-out about 6 ft downstream from here. Can you elaborate on why you wouldn't recommend it? I was thinking I would double the studs around it as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks