Wall mounted mini heat pump combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe0735

Reaction score
A few years ago, I converted a 2-1/2 car attached garage into a family room. My boiler could not handle the additional load, so I installed hydronic baseboard heaters (silicon filled.) They worked well, and were pretty energy efficient, but now need to be replaced. I am considering a wall mount mini heat pump combo. The area is 600 sf. Any suggestions? Will 115v be sufficient?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Baseboard heat doesn't have any drafts, offsets the window or wall load and are quiet. Any electric heat is 100% efficient ,mini 130-140%. If you don't need cooling any savings from efficiency, up front cost and service calls the pay back would be years if ever. Size for the mini how many watts are the baseboard heaters?

Joe0735

Reaction score
I already removed and scrapped them, but I seem to recall 4,000 watts total (2,000 x 2.) It has been over 15 years. They were slightly undersized for the space, but I never noticed any deficiency. I have had to use a window air conditioner, and the mini split would eliminate that. The selling point of the Hydro-sil heaters was the silicon gel, which had better heat retention properties than oil, so the heaters did not have to kick on as often (so they said.) They also never got near as hot as typical electric baseboard heaters do. I have no experience with heat pumps but, if the hype is true, they are a good choice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks