Wall Mount Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

JC363

Reaction score
I think I'm missing something on this installation. I purchased a Delta wall mount faucet for use in the
laundry, using a tile backsplash. I'm confused on the installation. It has the offset adapters so you can
adjust for rough in lines that aren't perfectly 8" on center. The presenter on a video I watched simply hand
tightened the connection to the threaded nipple in the wall and spun the adapters to get them to line up with
the faucet. He made it look simple. It appears to me that this installation would leak all over since the adapters can move?! But if one were to tighten them to prevent a leak it would eliminate the ability to adapt
to size irregularities. How do these work?

IMG_2209.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
With tapered threads, use PTFE tape and pipe dope.

After you have tightened the offset pieces enough that they won't leak, you can probably get another turn with extra force. As I see it, you turn the offsets clockwise so they are exactly the right distance away from each other, but at the same height , and then attach the faucet. You probably won't need a full turn on the offsets to get the right distance.

I am thinking you can figure out the angles you want before putting the tape and pipe dope on.

No tape on the two unions, but a little lube on the threads and gasket could help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally install those with brass nipples into a drop ear 90 in the wall, so in that case there are two sides that are tightening up giving you even more leeway as to the adjustment. Three wraps of tape and a bit of pipe dope over that if you're feeling it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks