Wall Hung Toilet "Saver Nut"

Users who are viewing this thread

hosea

Reaction score
Is there an on-line link which clearly shows how to re-mound my Kohler four bolt wall hung toilet? I am a little unsure how the "saver nut" works.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
What do you mean by "saver nut"?
mounting the WC is fairly easy - you only tighten down one of the bottom nuts snugly - the other is left hand tight...(both top nuts are snugged down)

Last edited by a moderator:

hosea

Reaction score
I read some place that I should tighten the two upper nuts and the lower left nut. The lower right has a "saver nut" that looks like a threaded washer with multiple holes so that it can be turned counter clock wise to snug up against the toilet bowl. It is turned with a nail that is used through the lower right hole in the toilet bowl. This is supposed to prevent the bowl from cracking. The lower right nut is then tightened only by hand.
So what I need is a link that explains this remounting process.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks