Wall Hung toilet replacment leaks from Waste outlet

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnDill

Reaction score
I had an existing wall hung toilet that went out. Bought a new Gerber and took down the old one put up the gerber. It leaks like there is no gasket installed. The gasket is 3/4 thick. Does the surface of the carrier look correct? Where should I start to fix this.

Thanks

Attachments

• Back of Water Closet.jpg
    Back of Water Closet.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Carrier.jpg
    Carrier.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 111

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
These can be frustrating to say the least. Look at Fernco FTS-4 seal. It adhears to the china bowl and the rubber fins seals to the inside of the carrier nipple. Much easier than making a seal with the 2 flat surfaces.

ftsl-details-drawing.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wow! I've never seen one of those used for that purpose.

Any downside if holes aren't aligned? I suppose since the holes are all standardized they should line up.. but any variance is going to knock the seal off? Do you insert the gasket into the barrel first to make sure alignment is set to the bolts?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wow! I've never seen one of those used for that purpose.

Any downside if holes aren't aligned? I suppose since the holes are all standardized they should line up.. but any variance is going to knock the seal off? Do you insert the gasket into the barrel first to make sure alignment is set to the bolts?
I use them on the neoprene gaskets. I like the idea of a glue on glue seal vs the thin strip of glue alone on the porcelain.

I just stick it to the gasket and set it. You might need to pre measure and make sure it can't be inserted too far.

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Wall hung WC carriers have a threaded nipple adapter which in your case looks to have rotted out. They are plastic now.
45DT26_AS02

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Wall hung WC carriers have a threaded nipple adapter which in your case looks to have rotted out. They are plastic now.
And that can be a problem.. Either the face of the barrel isn't flat or smooth enough to seal, or the drain barrel depth isn't set proprely to make contact to the gasket.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
It can be a challenge for A DIY and if not it takes money, most plumbers dont like messing around with broken toilets unless they are getting full pay to waste hours at your expence and even then I want to make money but dont want to come out and charge like 500 bucks only to then leave you with leaks or malfunctions . but Coming out and spending 5 hours for 50 bucks aint happening either.
So I*m thinking a new toilet, reverse mortgage or ahome equity loan niece or nephew mom or dad pays or something and a fair priced plumbi8ng contractor performs the work

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks