W/M aqua plus 45 indirect tank leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Gady

Reaction score
My Weil Mclain indirect tank has developed a leak at the boiler supply tank in port. It is back behind the insulation at the weld. This is my third tank in the last year and a half. The tank is supplied from a Weil Mclain gold CGI boiler. Strange thing is, this is the only spot that has developed a leak on all three tanks after about four months of use. The ports all have di-electric fittings and a ground strap for any potential grounding issues. Ph testing revealed no oddities. We are supplied with untreated well water. My tech is at a loss as to what the problem is. Thank you in advance for advice on what else might be occurring.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Either there is a manufacturer welding defect or external forces on this welt such as continuous expansion and contraction.

I found this but it has to do with draining and filling the tank with water. Yours being so new I doubt you have drained the system. This other forum essentially is saying to fill the domestic side first, (water inside the coils) then fill the tank with water from the boiler side of it. Doing the opposite, the if the coils are empty and the tank is filled with water, the coils will want to float and states that it can tear itself apart. These tanks are expensive but the next time change to a different manufacture.

https://forum.heatinghelp.com/discussion/153572/weil-mclain-gold-plus-40-leak-in-heat-exchanger

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks