W.C. and tub venting questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Oliver N.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post here but I will start off by saying I have found a lot of great advice and information on this forum/site and want to thank everyone for taking the time to contribute. A little about me, I am not a plumber by an means (I am a contractor) but have some experience with residential plumbing and own a MN plumbing code book. I am planning a studio above garage house and have wanted to focus on making the plumbing as easy as possible for the plumber. While I am sure some other mistakes could be pointed out (and that is very welcome) I am questioning and looking for advice on whether the W.C. and tub can be vented as shown in my screenshots? They both enter the 3" branch before being vented which I am not sure is ok...

Also, I have designed the walls so that any plumbing above the floor runs through a double stud wall to ease the installation/minimize boring, etc.

Thank you in advance,
Oliver

A.png
B.png

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is how I would do it, some may disagree. A washer is a powerful suds producer I like to keep it isolated. The vent between the shower and tub is plenty.

Attachments

• A-2.png
    A-2.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Oliver N.

Reaction score
James, thank you for the response, all makes sense. And yes the washer vent was very close to the minimum distance, I will move it so that there is plenty of room there.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The tub is not vented, and the toilet is debateable whether it is properly vented, depending on the inspector. The "W C vent" is useless and serves absolutely no function.

Plumber01

In the Trades
Reaction score
The toilet vent should come off of the trap arm to the toilet since this is not a horizontal wet vent or combination waste and vent system. In the UPC at least...

Oliver N.

Reaction score
C1.png

I was questioning whether the toilet and tub could be vented the way I had/have it (the tub was vented off the main stack, but I reconfigured it to be cleaner) I am sure I could figure something out if this toilet vent configuration wont work. I did find where the MN code book possible dictates whether this toilet vent is okay but it is a little hard to interpret for me and also I dont believe "bathroom group" includes a washer.

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 8.44.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-25 at 8.45.13 PM.png

Oliver N.

Reaction score
I could also move the W.C. vent upstream of the trap arm if that is a better practice... but again not quite sure how this works in relation to the code I attached above.
D1.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks