vintage plumbing HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

maddocckss

Reaction score
I have a sink from the 50's that I bought at an auction. The sink is in fine working order except that the washer that goes into the back of the sink to connect to the faucet is missing and it doesn't appear that they make washers in this size any more. Does anyone know of a type of material that can be used in place of a washer or of some way of making my own washer to fit into this space. I have included picture of a sink that is similar to the one that I have. I can't see a way of adding picture files off my computer but if there is a way to and someone has some ideas I can try and upload photos of the back of the sink and all the components.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
hmm your description is too vague for me, you'll have to upload proper pictures. It's fairly simple if you look hard enough...otherwise I am sure one of the mods will be happy to help.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'd put it back in the auction and hope to cut my losses.
Or, maybe get lucky and have a sucker make a bid that equals what you paid.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks