Vintage bathroom sink faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonard

Reaction score
I am trying to find manufacturer/model or manual of the old faucet. One of the cartridges is leaking.
Could not find anything on the body of the valve.
Don't even know how to take it apart or separate handle from stem.
Tried to pull white cap off of the handle, but don't want to force and break it.
Do I need to take all the fittings from the body underneath and then pull stem with handle through the hole?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you

PXL_20211114_195504197.jpg
PXL_20211114_194929363.jpg

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

CaliGirlSF

Decorative Plumbing expert
Reaction score
Top white cap should screw off, then polish chrome ring should lift off. You should be able to remove handle from top of sink and replace the cartridge. Unfortunately, there are numerous manufacturers that offered that design. Price Pfister(handles look like PP, but not spout), Newport Brass, and Altmans.

Leonard

Reaction score
Top white cap should screw off, then polish chrome ring should lift off. You should be able to remove handle from top of sink and replace the cartridge. Unfortunately, there are numerous manufacturers that offered that design. Price Pfister(handles look like PP, but not spout), Newport Brass, and Altmans.
Thank you, I will try to unscrew the top.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like a Grohe to me... Until I saw the ASU stamp.. grohe of that era would have been made in West Germany.

Last edited:

Leonard

Reaction score
I sent pictures/called Grohe- this faucet is not theirs.
My first thought was USA stamped on the body, but it is stamped backwards. Don't think it was a mistake. It looks like ASU or A2U

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I was looking up a similar faucet that someone needed ID'd and recalled this similar looking faucet. Pretty sure thats USA taken in "Selfie" mode which produces a mirror image. Once corrected, the USA is evident and you can see the difference in the 2 in the model number stamped below it. .. Still a mystery as to the manufacturer.

A2U.jpg

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm thinking Moen Concentrix
What I noticed on the OP's picture of the faucet is that the spout doesn't have an aerator. Some of the Kohler Aternas didn't have aerators but I can't find pics of those. But the cylindrical shape of the valve bodies looks similar to some of the kohler pics I looked at too.

But its definately a USA manufacture.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks