Viega press fittings for PEX

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Any fans or detractors here? So far I've read good things about the Viega fittings. Seem to be a step up from the Sharkbite/Apollo brand PEX fittings available at the box stores.

I need to transition to PEX for my remodel since I can't get to a stud bay from below to sweat in elbows on my fixtures. It's a combination of lack of access (wall locations parallel to the joists) and not wanting to rip out most of the subfloor (glued down) and not wanting to do a living room remodel by tearing down the ceiling.

The transition locations (copper to PEX) are in the middle of the joist bay, so I should be able to sweat/crimp on an adapter no problem.

Thanks for the help!
Anthony

Last edited:
Reaction score
Edit from my original -- seems to be more like a crimp connection than a press connection despite the name. My introduction to press connections was the copper type with the O rings and the large mechanical "jaws" to seal it.

But still anyone a big fan or absolute hater of them? Their install manual and guidelines doc is fantastic.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I have not used ViegaPEX so I don't know how well it holds up - but it is a PEX type "b" where PEX type "a" is the best. When I wasa deciding what to use on my own home, I wanted to be sure to use the best stuff. I went with the Uponor ProPEX (AquaPEX).
See the Comparison Chart and FAQs at this site for more info http://www.supplyhouse.com/PEX-Tubing-516000

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks