Viega FostaPEX tubing, Type of pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need help identifying the pipe type in the attached picture. It's a plastic or PEX type which is lined on the outside which what appears to be an insulated metal casing. The OD is slightly larger than an equivalent PEX pipe therefore the PEX connectors I'm using will not fit.

I have this type of piping going from my well to my tank. In addition there are some sections of this piping going from my tank to my sediment filter.

I can probably remove the shorter peices completely how ever I have a 1 inch feed coming from my well pump to the tank which I cannot replace so I need to find a connector that will adapt from this pipe to regular PEX

Any ideas?

20181007_123324.jpg
20181007_123201.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Use you digital calipers to measure the ID. No digital calipers? Time to change that.

I don't know the type of pipe, but most well flex pipe is SIDR with a controlled ID so it fits barbs.

ThirdGenPump

In the Trades
Reaction score
It's PEX with an oxygen barrier. It's used for heating. I'm not familiar when what fittings get used with it. Plumbers may have an answer for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks