Video Camera & Jetters

Users who are viewing this thread

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Anyone have advice on cameras? I decided that I wanted to get into this "CHEAP" and got one on the "e" auction....really cheap (Comparatively speaking). It is only the camera and push line. Supposedly I'll be able to hook it up to my TV box (adapter) and get the picture on my laptop screen. I'm anxious for it to arrive UPS. I guess my question is "did I throw my money away"? Or is this really a good way to get started. I do know it has a 4" focal point, dimmer for LED lighting, and 100' of push line. I'm sure I'll be trying to rig up some sort of reel for the line.

Now, I'm looking for an inexpensive jetter to use on drains/sewers. ANY IDEAS? I'm considering just buying a nozzle that I can stick on the end of my small "home use" quality pressure washer. I don't intend to do big pipe...so I'm just looking for like 100' of line and somehting that will handle 4" pipe with no trouble and hopefully something I can use on 1 1/2" pipe... would love to be able to run something like this thru sink and urinal traps...even toilets! Hopefully I'll be able to leave the snakes and augers at home... I hate having to drag them out and am always getting banged up side the head or pinching a finger with that big heavy bugger.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
jetter

When you are jetting a line, you are injecting a lot of water into the pipe. If the drain is not working, and you are not outdoors, you had better have a plan to remove this water before it floods the building or room where you are working. Commercial jetters have a pulsating feature to help the hose turn corners and work its way through stoppages. Your home washer does not have that feature. Those two items are probably the only two that I would not consider going cheap on. A monochrome display is very hard to analyze to determine exactly what is happening in the sewer.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks Hj... not monochrome, it's color. The ad has high claims... so I guess we'll see. I do know that surveillance cameras have come down in price and are pretty cheap... so, for the most parts the cost to manufacture these things are relatively cheap. Lots of variations. Hopefully my $350 will be a very good investment. Similar model with monitor and recorder was $748 then the more "commercial" versions jumped $1k - $2k in price.... I didn't want to buy another monitor with all the computers and tv's sitting around this place. Should not be a problem to make it work if it's all that it says it is.

As for the jetter I'm considering just going ahead and buy a small complete system since I only am interested in doing home and light commercial work. I am not prepared to or interested in going for the huge pipes and industrial sized jobs. There's plenty of big companies around and I don't care to invest tens of thousands of dollars in equipment that I would seldom use. I just don't want to throw my money at junk. I've seen some things that claim to attach to pressure washers to do the same trick. Supposedly there's a bypass part that creates the pulsating function you speak of. Whatever I end up with I certainly hope it works. I wonder if I should also invest in a wet vac with a hose pipe drain attachment to clean up the mess... might be a good idea.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks