vibrating pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

mcf57

Reaction score
I recently had some septic work down in our back yard. I then prepped and seeded the area as well. In order to not forget, I decided to use an Orbit water timer system to help water the newly seeded area. Basically, this is what we have connected to the faucet on the back of the house to water the lawn:

orbit1.jpg

All 4 outlets are being used & each one then goes to a standard sprinkler. All was going good with it until the other day when excessive vibrating occurred on the pipes inside the house. lasted maybe 30secs. I am not sure whether it was while a valve was opening or one was closing, but it was fairly loud vibrating. By the time I got to the back yard area to turn the water totally off, the vibrating stopped.

I did some research and it seems like it could be either air in the pipes or something known as "water hammering". Now, another possible factor here is that there is a backflow preventer on this faucet as well and I wonder if this is causing problems with the water timer.

Any other suggestions on what is going on here and how to maybe fix it. I don't like hearing that vibrating going on as it seems like its not good for the pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks