Vessel sink, Quick question..

Users who are viewing this thread

Zac Fortier

Reaction score
I have a new countertop for a bathroom vanity with a vessel sink and single hole faucet that needs to be drilled out. My sink has a 1 3/4” drain hole, my pop up drain has 1 1/4” diameter. Do I need to drill out through the countertop, 1 3/4” or 1 1/4”?? Does it matter?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Without seeing it, it’s hard to tell for sure. You probably need some room to tighten a nut. The installation instructions should give you an idea.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Before you make any cuts, have the vessel bowl there and the drain. Often the nut below the bowl needs to set within the hole through the counter top. Your hole there may wind up being 2" or larger, but it depends on what parts you're working with.

mountain-with-grid.jpg

abak_bowl.jpg

Last edited:

Zac Fortier

Reaction score
Before you make any cuts, have the vessel bowl there and the drain. Often the nut below the bowl needs to set within the hole through the counter top. Your hole there may wind up being 2" or larger, but it depends on what parts you're working with.
Thanks for the response, I see what you’re saying, I actually just finished installing. I had enough threads to screw the nut directly underneath the counter. Looks great, thanks!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks