Vessel sink and faucet question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dom Z

Reaction score
I'm ordering a vessel sink the is 17" dia. by 6.5" deep.
The faucet I'm ordering (Moen) is 12" high.
Will this faucet work well with this vessel sink?

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm ordering a vessel sink the is 17" dia. by 6.5" deep.
The faucet I'm ordering (Moen) is 12" high.
Will this faucet work well with this vessel sink?

Can't give a definitive answer without a cut sheet on the snk and faucet. Some vessel sinks sit entirely on top of the counter while some are set in 1/2 to 1 inch.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One thing that can happen is dependent on where the flow hits the bowl and how high your water pressure is. Get it wrong, and it could go down one side of the bowl and right across the bottom onto you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

If the handle is on top, and assuming the spout is also near the top, then why wouldn't the faucet work with the sink? Why did you ask the question?

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You also need to make sure the aerator clears the top of the bowl. You don't want to fill the bowl and have the aerator under the water. I believe the industry standard clearance wanted is 1".

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Just like a wife. The next thing she will do is expect you to read the directions when you install it. The only two things which would make it inappropriate would be if either the spout or handle hit or was obstructed by the sink rim. The handle is not a problem, so as long as the spout is higher than the sink it will work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks