Vespin II install

Users who are viewing this thread

FJK

Reaction score
My Toto Vespin II finally came in, so I'm getting ready to install it. Since it uses an adaptor, what is the best wax ring to use? One with a horn or without a horn. Or does it even matter. My floor flange is on top of the finished tile floor.

Also, this toilet has the lowest flush water usage, 1.3? gpf. Wasn't there an easy way to convert it to the next higher flush water usage, 1.6? gpf. My toilet has the double cyclone flush system, and I am really trying to achieve a clean bowl after a flush.

As a side note, the place where I purchased this toilet told me Toto's all will be the lower flush rate, the Vespin II only comes in the comfort height, & round bowls will soon become a thing of the past, all being elongated. Have others heard the same thing?

Thanks, FJK

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Since the flange is above the floor, a single regular wax should be fine.

If you need more water on the flush, just hold the handle down longer. Push and release is 1.28, holding down is about 2.5 gallons.

Elongated bowls are only code for ADA applications. As long as money is an issue, you will be seeing round bowls. Elongated bowls are still costing a bit more.
However, I wouldn't have a round bowl in my home, and many others don't like them either. Elongated is becoming more and more asked for.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you have tile on the floor, depending on the type, it could be a real pain drilling the holes for the adapter unless you have the proper bit. If you have a Lowes around, they sell Hitachi diamond core bits. Just make sure to keep the bit wet. If you have some plumber's putty, make a dam around where you are drilling the hole, and put a bit of water inside while drilling, and the bit will last a long time. Run it dry, and you might need more than one to finish. If the tile is fairly soft, you could use a carbide bit if it is nice and new and sharp.

FJK

Reaction score
Thanks for the drilling tip, jadnashua. It beats finding out the hard way.

FJK

Reaction score
Jadnashua: I used the Hitachi diamond bit. Worked like a champ. Followed their instructions, tilting the bit to start it, & then walking it up straight. My only concern was that I would blow the hole to hole spacing. Turned out I had the most perfect hole spacing I ever drilled. Must have lucked out.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Glad to hear it worked out. The key is to measure and take your time. Sounds like you did, and it worked out for you. I'm happy with the Toto toilets (and a couple of sinks and even toilet tissure holders) that I have. Good, solid, no fuss products that didn't cost me an arm and a leg.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks