Vespin II fit/installation question

Users who are viewing this thread

CLorentzen

Reaction score
Hi --

My bathroom has a 14" rough in and I am considering a Vespin II to replace the old (clog-prone) toilet. Our supply line comes up from the floor, and there's about 6" distance from the center of the supply to the center of the waste line.

Will the Vespin II fit in this situation?

Thanks in advance!

--Carl.

Attachments

• supply-line.jpg
    supply-line.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 290

Reach4

Reaction score
No.

Even if you had 6 inches, which it does not look like you have from the picture, it would not fit.

CLorentzen

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. The info on this page https://terrylove.com/wc/unifit.htm says:

"They recommend that the water supply be 8" to the left of center, however, for the Vespin and the Carlyle you can get by with 7" from left of center. 5-1/2" for the Vespin II, Carlyle II, Carolina II, Soiree and the Guinevere."​

Which is why I was optimistic that the Vespin II might work for our situation.

Reach4

Reaction score
Vespin II is wider at the base than higher up. So with a floor pipe, you cannot take advantage of the taper. My Vespin II is a little over 12 inches wide at the floor. At about 6 inches off of the floor, it is only about 11 inches wide-- which gives you that 5-1/2 inch number.

I think you will have to move the supply to fit any Unifit toilet, but I can only measure Vespin II. If it were closer to fitting, you could maybe move the toilet to the right a small amount. It is not close. But you would have to clear the right side of the pipe with the base, and it looks like you are measuring to the left side of the pipe. You would also have to clear the right side of the fittings, but the taper would be working in your favor for that aspect. Plus you would have to be able to get that escutcheon off too, which may be easy or hard.

You could consider moving the supply or moving the closet flange-- each of which would not be easy, but they may be easier than you think, depending on access below. Moving the closet flange would be hidden by the toilet base, but not so for moving the supply.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The nature of using the UniFit means it needs a skirted toilet, so they all tend to be fairly wide towards the back to provide decent stability and style.

Is that a wooden subfloor underneath the tile? DO you have access from below? It wouldn't be all that hard to drill a new hole and move the supply over. THe existing hole would be hidden by the toilet's skirt. If it's an outside wall, you may not want to run it up into the wall, but that may be an option, too.

CLorentzen

Reaction score
No easy access from below, but moving the supply line is probably something we can tackle when we re-do the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks